Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hold the ham, but try the other great Kosher meat sandwiches

Subway Kosher on UrbanspoonI saw this placed opened up awhile back close to a hotel and not far from the Jewish Community Center, where I work out.So went searching and finally found it. I was glad that another kosher place was in town. I talked to the owners and they said people didn't mind not having " ham and the none kosher meats " . I agreed as we don't eat ham. Besides the chicken, pastrami and all the meats etc were delectably fine as Kosher. While it might not be a New York deli, this places does it best to make it like one. The sandwiches we tried were excellent. The Pastrami sandwich was great and my wife enjoyed the Pastrami. Don't ask to put cheese on the meat or chicken though because they can't do that otherwise it would not be kosher. Also the breads with cheese can be paired with the meats. I like the extra veggie toppings with them though. I miss the toasting of the subs (like Quiznos) but this was still fine. Don't let being kosher stop you. They are still mighty tasty and you won't be sorry unless you hunger for ham. Try it . You'll like it!

No comments: