Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Thursday, January 1, 2009

Ann Arbor Mexican hot spot-literally I was sweating bullets

Tio's on UrbanspoonI used to live in Ann Arbor and went back to visit friends. They took me to this place that they said has some of the best Mexican food in A2. They also have a lot of hot sauces. I was enjoying the chimichanga with its very good chicken (I love those fried burritos). However I wanted some then decided to ask for some hot sauce. They brought out a plastic crate with about 20! I took out few bottle, looked at some and then started trying several. All was going well until a few minutes into eating, one of the sauces, I did not know which one, started "hitting me hard". I know that you should try fruit syrup, milk or something else to "cut the heat" not water. I was on fire (nothing usually hits me this hard!). All I could think was I had to run to the bathroom instead. I just sat on the top of toilet with sweat dripping down my face like a gushing stream. But I was fine in about a minute. An experience that I would not forget. The food is tasty and fresh here. Nothing out of ordinary but everything is excellent. But watch out for those hot sauces, even for you die hard fans. You never know when one will bite you! But maybe that is part of the fun and the part of the experience you might remember as I did.


No comments: