Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Monday, December 29, 2008

Wheatfields Bakery - the bread is thee thing here

Wheatfields Bakery on Urbanspoon
We met my children for brunch as they said it was good. The place was pretty small but finding a seat did not take a lot of time. The menu did not include as many possibilities as I thought there might be but within those choices there were some excellent possibilities to select from. There were the breakfast menu, the sandwiches, soups and salads. Vegetarian as well as beef, egg dishes and more too. The Pastrami and Rye was excellent and came with garden greens, on whole grain bread. My wife loved the grilled portabella sandwich with marinated mushroom cap with Provolone, tapeneda, caremelized onions, wilted kale oil and viegar on crusty Ciabatta bread.
The sandwiches were all very good but I was not "wowed" by the size of these sandwiches however. I had tasted some olive bread and the smell and the taste still lingered in my mouth. It was so intoxicating I bought a loaf of the kalamata olive bread to take home to munch on for later and make some sandwiches. It was great on sandwiches, nibble and more . Maybe we will back someday for that bread!

No comments: