Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Sunday, December 21, 2008

Tomfoolories: who is fooling whom?

Tomfooleries Restaurant & Bar on<span class= Urbanspoon" src="http://www.urbanspoon.com/b/link/382241/biglink.gif" style="border: medium none ; width: 200px; height: 146px;">

We needed to pick a restaurant for a small party of us. We needed a place with different types entrees and reasonably priced. And it had to be the plaza. We picked this place. (My wife later told me we were here before but I don't remember being here with friends years ago otherwise we might have opted for somewhere else). Still we came. I wish we had gone elsewhere as there is so much to choose from. There is variety of specialties on the menu: pizza, burgers , sandwiches , combos and more. I thought about the Thai glazed chicken (which I should have gotten and tried) but I thought the kebab like meal would not have enough food. Our small party picked burgers, Mexican and other. I got a twice baked potato instead of fries but it was nothing special and just did not seem fresh. The Baldy burger had the BBQ sauce, tomato and lettuce but it did not really taste smokey or have much flavor compared to other burger chains that have better burgers. The server failed to let us know about specials as I could not see it from the vantage point otherwise I and/or my wife -she likes quesadillas - might have thought about the steak fajita quesadilla. The rest of the company thought the food was okay but there was nothing to rave about. The Sunday brunch is supposedly one of the best but for for $14 and boring tasting food, I will never see it. If you want a Sunday buffet, try Golden corral for $5 less and you will get just as much variety and better tasting food. I got fooled once but did not know it. I got fooled again and will not be back.

No comments: