Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Sung Son : great vietnamese food

Sung Son a Vietnamese Bistro on UrbanspoonSung Son
I had heard about this place. But when I heard that this place had opened a new buffet and noodle bar for lunch, I had to go and check it out. I had heard that the Vietnamese food was bland. It was especially at recent place I tried in Kansas City but to my delight, not at this place. I had tried Vietnamese food in other parts of the country and I knew Vietnamese food was better then this bland restaurant before. But here at this new buffet and noodle bar, you can see immediately the character and what Vietnamese food really tastes like.

I loved that you can choose from 10 different types of Vietnamese soups that tasted not only good but had some surprises.

The dishes were not really spicy but well seasoned. The best was the slightly spicy sweet tomato tofu. The spicy yellow curry chicken was excellent and was thick and spicy sweet not spicy hot and was very good. The beef stew in a nice brown broth and vegetables.The tomato tofu was excellent some of the best I have ever tasted. The moo goo gain pan, a traditional Chinese dish , was a little different and excellent. The spring rolls were really good. The test of the beef, chicken and other dishes are fabulous. Some people say Vietnamese food (compared to Thai) is not spicy at all. I liked the different flavors and the flavors and spices in the soups an the entrees. The best Vietnamese restaurant overall that we have tried as of late (2 others don't even hold a candle to this place while another is pretty good)

No comments: