Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Friday, December 26, 2008

The scenary is spectacular but the Asian food is average

Wokking Panda Chinese Food on Urbanspoon I was in the Yellowstone Area BK (before kids more then 24 years ago). In 2003, I flew into Salt Lake City, went to Idaho and then traveled by auto to the Grand Tetons / Yellowstone area . It had been a long beautiful day already with a lot of spectacular country and achieving a lot of good shooting for my project of videotaping and photographing the grandeur and sights of those National Parks / Monuments. I still had to eat. So after I checked into my hotel room for 3 days, I went walking. I was in the mood for something different not burger or beef this time but Asian and I did not want to drive farther or spend a lot of time figuring out researching the restaurants here . I did not think I would find "Nirvana" here but would I fine some decent Asian fare? The menu and the place were small.Still it had seafood, chicken, beef and other dishes. Many were of the "boring" Chinese/ Asian variety that are not my style. I went with the House Special Sesame Chicken as it was labeled "hot". It was fine, nothing spectacular, at least I had something to eat. I can say I had some Asian fare in Yellowstone. Not at spectacular as the scenery but okay.

No comments: