Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Monday, December 22, 2008

Malay Cafe: Once one of our favorite but the quality has lowered

Malay Cafe on Urbanspoon When this place first opened a few years ago, the restaurant, the food were one of our favorites and garnered awards from the Kansas City Star. Different and interesting Malaysian dishes , a level above ordinary Asian food, and much better then ordinary Chinese foods. In fact every time I would go to the airport or come back or when I was up that way, I would get an entree or two to take home. However when the original owner let go of the place, the quality really suffered. While most of the recipes were the same, it just did not have quite the freshness, spice, zing and taste. It is below the standard original held and now owned by current chefs. While it is still good, I recommend it for trying different inspired Malaysian type food and getting away from tired old Asian or Chinese food.

No comments: