Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Monday, December 22, 2008

Barumba - nice place on Plaza for gelato and more perhaps

Barumba on UrbanspoonWe were on the Plaza near the Canal area and spotted this place's big line mainly at this time for dessert. As we waited in line to get gelatto, I could see that this place had sandwiches, soups and much more ( I could not see any prices on the menu board so I can't discuss pricing). Still it seemed a nice little place as I looked over the flavors. More gelato places are sprouting up and many more people are discovering gelato which has less calories and great flavor. This place has quite a variety of flavors which are very good. I should have tried some of the flavors first but the line was long. I focused on which ones we wanted at this time. I chose two to try. I tried the pumpkin one to test it from another place and it good but not as good as the other place. The pistachio (I had this in one cup) was very nutty and hint of that particular flavor. My wife also thought the gelato good but not as fruity as we had earlier in the day elsewhere. I like the look and feel of this place. I would like to come here when we are the Plaza again and try out some of the entrees to see how good the rest of the food is.

No comments: