Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Monday, December 15, 2008

I was looking for more ways to use pomegranate

I was looking for more ways to use pomegranate. I saw this recipe by Emeril on TV and found the recipe . I had pomegranate blueberry juice so I used that instead of straight pomegranate juice. I also used red onion instead of shallots (which many say is a good substitute for the shallots) . I thought the dressing needed more kick so I added more of the juice. You can add any type of lettuce or greens. I also added some sticks that I made of jicama to give it a nice crunch. This dressing was nice and tangy , easy to make and can be made ahead of time. When you are ready just toss the salad and add the salad dressing.
rating 8.9/10

Emeril Lagasse, 2001
Show: Emeril LiveEpisode: Emeril's Happy Happy Holidays

• Save Recipe

Ingredients
• 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
• 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
• 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
• 2 shallots, minced
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 3 oranges, peeled and segmented
• 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
• 8 ounces goat cheese, cut crosswise into 6 slices
• 6 thin slices prosciutto
• 1 large head radicchio, rinsed, patted dry and torn into bite sized pieces
• 1 bunch arugula or watercress, rinsed, patted dry and cut int bite sized pieces
• 6 large leaves Bibb lettuce, rinsed and patted dry
• 1 head Belgian endive, stem removed and cut crosswise into thin shreds
• Pomegranate seeds, as garnish
Directions
In a small bowl, combine the pomegranate juice and orange zest, vinegar, shallots, salt, pepper and mustard and whisks thoroughly to combine. Add the oil in a steady stream and whisk until emulsified. Fold the segmented oranges and sliced onions into 1/4 cup of the dressing and toss to combine and set aside.
Wrap each slice of goat cheese in a slice of prosciutto. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the wrapped cheeses and sear on both sides. Remove from the heat.
In a large salad bowl, combine the greens. Add the marinated orange sections and onion slices, and toss gently with enough extra dressing to coat evenly. Divide among salad plates and top each with a seared goat cheese package and a sprinkling of pomegranate seeds. Spoon a little extra dressing over each salad and serve immediately.

No comments: