Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Friday, December 26, 2008

I found this top rated restaurant while walking

Thai Spice on UrbanspoonI was in San Fran for a conference. When in any town I always try to look for Asian cuisine particularly Thai. I saw that this one was supposedly one of the best Thai places around so I walked around and found it so I could check it. The menu had a lot of entrees. I fin it interesting when there are not "spiciness rating or stars". Does that mean they are bland. Not necessarily. I find it odd that sometime Asian restaurants try to "spice " things up by just thrown in some whole small chili peppers and leave it at that. I don't go for very spicy. I usually am looking for some different flavors, a different level of spiciness or flavor or items, something I can remember a restaurant in the future either for the setting, the food or really both if possible. Well this place worked out both ways. Quite a sizable set of vegetarian dishes as well curries, beef, appetizers and more. Sometimes I order curries but I wanted something different. There was only one duck dish, a "take " on possibly Peking duck but with honey . This one was Honey Roast Duck dish (Ped Yang Name Peung) as it sounded interesting. Sweet honey basted duck was succulent and had a lot of flavor besides the slight sweetness with spices. I love walking around the hills of SF and am glad I found this jewel of place.



No comments: