Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Don-Chilitos most good

Don Chilito's Mexican on Urbanspoon We have been here several times to meet friends and eat Mexican food. My friends really like this place so we have rendezvoused with them for years.
The enchilada dishes are quite and the chimichangas are not bad. Once however I was really looking and talking so much with my friends and shoveling stuff into my mouth. I did not realize the quality of what I was eating. It was a real disgusting looking and tasting enchilada with only some minuscule beef bits in a bad cheese tasting sauce. I did not even notice and I was dumbfounded! (The conversation must have been mighty good as always is with my friends.
But on the plus side, you don't have to pay for service ( you bus your own) and you get you want from the board on the cafeteria like line. You can dip and get either the mild or hot sauce and put as many chips in a basket. There are usually refried beans with most meals (not exceptional) and a bitty salad. Oh did I mention all you can eat and stuff down in your mouth sopapillas with honey?
I am still trying to make up my mind if I really like this place. I would not come here alone, just with my wife but I would gladly come with my friends. It is just my type of Mexican place and the dishes aren't great enough. I can't say I like it . I can't say I don't. I just like better Mexican places to go to eat if my friends are not beckoning.

No comments: