Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Guadalahara Cafe : classy place, good prices, excellent Mexican Food

Guadalajara Cafe on UrbanspoonWe have been to this place near State Line over the years. The inside is very classy looking with the white tableclothes and flowers on the tables but has a casual atmosphere yet elegant. I like bringing my wife here and I think it is a nice place to bring a date, significant other etc. It has great luncheon specials at most reasonable prices and it's menu has something for anyone. There are starters, children plates, desserts, combinations, beef/steak, pork, shrimp, chicken dishes, house specials, seafood dishes, salads, burritos and vegetarian offerings. Most of the entrees for lunch are under $12. My wife loves the vegetarian burrito with cactus (you will be surprised how succelent it tastes almost a little like tomatillo with kiwi combination), sweet peppers, tomatoes, onions, mushrooms with cheese and guacamole. The Guadalahara vegetarian with tangy sauce was good. I liked the steak ranchero (nicely done tenderloin chunks with onions, tomatoes, jalapenoes, in the house special sauce which has a nice tangy bite to it. The chimichangas are not bad either (I love those ). Most dishes come with rice , beans and when needed tortillas. There are spicy dishes The portions are huge, the staff attentive and there are " clapping hombres" to announce a birthday (hey I still like other places that do this). If you like great Mexican fare at reasonable prices with a little flare, try this restaurant. We love it for the variety, the prices, the look and feel of the place and of course the food!

No comments: