Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Great thai- now a chain but with food this good that is okay

Sala Thai on UrbanspoonThis now expanded little chain was one of the firs Thai (if not the first) in the Dupont Circle area. I have been to Washington to visit relatives, go to conferences and do some consulting. I happened to find this nice Thai place and I am glad it did. It does Thai well. It has authentic Thai cuisine and you can find many dishes to try. Appetizers, huge listing of entrees, Noodles and specials. I like that the menu has the real Thai names/titles and underscore ingredients for the recipe. This allows me to try and find entrees/ recipes that I want to try myself. The menu does not list spiciness indicators but that is fine because that means the food is good by itself and it is.The eggplant "Pad Mah Kua- sauteed eggplant (which I love) with basil and black bean sauce looked good. But I love duck and when I see it on a menu I usually try it. My target for this day was " Ped Pa-Lo". The succulent steamed duck in Thai seasonings and soy sauce had the right amount of spice and saltiness from the soy. I can see what this place has expanded to other areas Washington. I usually don't try chains but when it has food that is this good, that "goes out the window". Great Thai is worth finding and eating

No comments: