Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Cafe-Du-Monde-New-Orleans- what's not to like!

Cafe Du Monde on Urbanspoon
I've been to N'awlins (New Orleans) several times during my travels for some NASA oriented activities before Katrina hit. And I want to go back someday. I love this city for magic, "its vibrations", quirkiness, sights and sounds but also the food. Cafe-Du-Monde-New-Orleans is one place I always went for breakfast each time I came back. Why? What this place lacks in ambiance, it makes up for it with the history and the food. It's not a really pretty looking restaurant but what makes this please appealing are those fresh delicious soft "beignets". They don't sit around for long as you want eat them while they are hot. You just can't beat the simple breakfast of these fried pastries with the powdered sugar, which gets everywhere. But don't worry, just enjoy those one of a kind beignets because they are that good.

No comments: