Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Guy Fieri Green Slaw

This was an interesting coleslow. I did not use the sprouts.

Guy Fieri
Green Slaw


Ingredients
For the dressing:

* 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
* 3 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
* 1 1/2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
* 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
* 1 teaspoon seeded and minced serrano pepper
* 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

For the slaw:

* 3 cups napa cabbage, cut in 1/2 vertically, cored, curly middle discarded, cut horizontally in 1/4-inch thick pieces
* 1 medium Granny Smith apple, julienned
* 1 cup peeled and julienned jicama
* 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
* 1 tablespoon minced green onion, white and light green part only
* 1/4 cup golden raisins
* 1 teaspoon salt

Directions

To make dressing: In a blender, puree all the ingredients until smooth. Set aside.

In a large bowl, combine ingredients for slaw. Gently fold in the dressing. Refrigerate 1 hour. Gently toss before serving.

No comments: