Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Friday, October 17, 2008

Would you go into a restaurant that is filthy and has cockroaches?

I have to come to enjoy Restaurant Makeover show on Food Network. Based mostlty in Toronto, the crew tries to save dying restaurants and business. The last one did not like the food and went back with there old ridiculous menu (but I can't tell whether the place has survived).
This episode I saw about ther Grapefruit Moon ( why the hell did they name it that ? It's not a Chinese restaurant - it's the greasiest spoon you ever want to see with coachroaches in the walls and filth everyplace including all the stuff people brought in to leave in the restaurant which the owner somehow liked ?). Still it was considered a "homey" placer for customers but the owner wanted help.
This owner was not thrilled with the makeover decore, chairs etc. I was not sure whether the new menu etc survives as all she complained about was the chairs. Suposedly people are coming to the place so the makeovers must have done something right. Some people will complain about anything and so it seems, this owner was not grateful at all.
http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?showtopic=3132095

No comments: