Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Blue Grotto sings the blues with urbanspoon

We almost went here last week but since my wife and her pals were going anyway, I thought I would find out what is happening as this restaurant through my wife and some pizza she came back with. She also brought back the menu and I was no impressed. There were 9 types of pizzas , 5 starter plates and 3 salads. Since its a wine bar there is also a big list (but as far as I know no one in her group had wine).
I tasted a piece of Four seasons with crimini mushrooms (very small pieces), marinated artichokes (once again small and could not really taste them), black olive flecks and pecorino cheese. It did not really have a great flavor to it. The Funghi mushroom pizza was unremarkable as well. I would not travel all the way down near the Plaza for this medicore pizzas. For better pie and more innovative wood fire pizza, I would take Neopolitan Spin pizza anytime.
Blue Grotto on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I agree with the above comments! I hate to say it because the renovation of the place was great with nice owners & help with the Brookside eye candy as far as decor. The pizza is inconsistent & the salads are disappointing. Spin is much better & more kid friendly.