Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tiny space, huge price but you might try it if you can get a reservation

Wall Street Journal had a piece about small restaurants like Momofuku Ko in NYC, Cage Atlantico has the Andre's Minibar in Washington. The cost for minibar is $120 (without tax, drink). You get a constant "flow" of food.

Ko does not have a sign. There only 12 people at a counter and you have to reserve sometimes a month in advance. You don't get bread, and there is no menu. You eat by sitting on a stool! Most servings are served in bowls.

Some of the recipes that came to this editor were: shaved foie gras atop lychee; lasagne with escargot and porcini mushroom and ricotta. Small plates and odd ingredient recipes and more are the norm. Definitely for some people.

No comments: