Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I had a fresh cucumber that I got from a nearby orchard. I diced it and then found the recipe. I however substituted mango for papaya. Awesome

PS I just used it side dish with fresh corn and bbq chicken drumsticks.

Cucumber-Papaya Salad
9.7/10 i used mango instead of papaya
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2001
Show: Emeril Live
Episode: Hawaiian Barbecue Emeril Style

Cucumber-Papaya Salad
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2001
Show: Emeril Live
Episode: Hawaiian Barbecue Emeril Style

"Diabetes Breakthrough"
What Your Doctor Doesn't Know About
Curing Diabetes! 100% Guaranteed.
MicroNutra.com

1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and thinly sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
4 teaspoons sugar
1 tablespoon peanut oil
1 teaspoon minced Hawaiian chiles or chile paste
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
1 large papaya, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
6 lettuce leaves

Sprinkle the cucumber with salt and let drain in a colander for 20 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
In a bowl, whisk together the vinegar, sugar, oil, chiles, and ginger. Add the cucumber, papaya, and cilantro and toss. Line a serving platter or

No comments: