Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Pomegranate and Mango Barbecue Sauce and chicken wings

I love Mango, pomergranate and BBQ sauces. This smashing recipe was on one of the latest Ultimate food challenges for Chicken for the Food Channel . While the women was in the top 3 out of 9, she did not win the ultimate prize of the Chicken Challenge. It still sounded so great to me. I could not wait to try it. The original recipe is below. I decided to pour the sauce first over a chicken to roast. My recipe for this BBQ bird and photos etc are also included for your pleasure, discussion, feedback and more.

Battered Chicken Wings with Pomegranate and Mango Barbecue Sauce
Recipe courtesy Eboni Williams, Damascus, MD
Show: Ultimate Recipe Showdown
Episode: Ultimate Recipe Showdown: Chicken
Winner of the Fried Chicken category!

Pomegranate and Mango Barbecue Sauce:
1 1/2 cups pitted and peeled mango
1 to 2 tablespoons water
1 cup pomegranate juice
1/4 cup tomato paste
2 teaspoons yellow mustard
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon liquid smoke
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup water
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar

Chicken Wings:
6 to 10 cups vegetable oil
2 dozen chicken drumettes
3 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons black pepper

No comments: