Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Hot and Spicy Cookbook red hot and sizzling dishes from Around the World- tried many good recipes

"Hot and Spicy Cookbook red hot and sizzling dishes from Around the World" by Linda Fraser (2003) is a version that was published in 1991 that I picked up (this was hard cover version) for sale for relativley cheap ($6 and on sale). It has interesting recipes within its 256 pages. The step-by-step techniques along with the photos are really well done. The latest (p.148) Coleslaw in Triple- hot dressing was 8.9/10. I tried wasabi horsedish instead of regular and added some miracle whip salad dressing. It was fine not spectacular.
But I have tried others in this book.Cheddar and Jalapeno Quesadillas rated 9.6/10, while the San Franisco Chicken Wings which included Rice vinegar and orange peel were awesome (9.6/10)/ Spicy potato salad rated well (9.6/10 ). There are a lot more appetizers, ethnic entrees and more that look really good and I will try. If you like spicy foods look at this book and see what you think.

No comments: