Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Monday, May 12, 2008

Ann Arbor, MI's Crazy Jim's Blimpy Burger

I lived in around Ann Arbor, Michigan from 1976-1981 before I left for Kansas. I got my master's degree in science education, was an assistant tennis coach and later taught science at several community college programs. I also like to eat, cooked and went to restaurants.

I was there a few years ago twice.

I was at Zingerman's which is fantastic and has so much to offer. We tried real good Mexican, Fish, Thai and more.

At one Mexican resturant, I remember I asked if they had hot sauces. They said sure and gave me a milk plastic crate with about 20 in them. I started trying a bunch of them . Not bad. Well... until one of them started to really hit me. I rushed the bathroom and sat on the toilet as sweat poured down my face for a minute. And then I was fine. But now for a memorable place that I did not visit.

I lived in around Ann Arbor, Michigan from 1976-1981 before I left for Kansas. I was there a few years ago twice. I was at Zingerman's which is fantastic and has so much to offer. Today on the Food Channel, I saw the name of mostly burger joint that is well famous but I never made it to it. We tried real good Mexican, Thai and more.
At one Mexican resturant, I asked if they had hot sauces. They said sure and gave me a milk plastic crate with about 20 in them. I started trying a bunch of them . Not bad. Welll until one of them started to really hit me. I rushed the bathroom and say on the toilet as sweat poured down my face for a minute. And then I was fine. But now for a memorable place that I did not visit.
http://www.pub.umich.edu/daily/nse98/annarbor/annarbor14.html

Next time I am up there you can be sure I am going to Crazy Jim's
http://www.pub.umich.edu/daily/nse98/annarbor/annarbor14.html

This website said what I saw on the food channel.
This website said echoed what I saw on the food channel.

"Crazy Jim's Blimpy Burger: Although not really a restaurant, no review on food in Ann Arbor would be complete without mentioning Blimpy's. Offering the greasiest and greatest burgers in Ann Arbor, this hamburger stand has a unique method of preparing its burger. Rather than making one large patty, Blimpy's makes several patties per burger.
When ordering, customers specify how many patties, beginning with double up to the quint burger. Crazy Jim's slogan is "Cheaper than food," and it is pretty cheap - five bucks will buy a triple burger, fries and a drink. But be careful - patrons have said that while eating, it is possible to feel your arteries tightening, and unofficial studies suggest that going more than once a month just could be detrimental to good health."

Next time I am up there you can be sure I am going to Crazy Jim's- I gotta try it.

No comments: