Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Try Edamame (green soy beans)

Edamame are fun to eat and easy to prepare . Steam and then suck out the little peas. But try with some spicy salt.

Spiced Edamame

2 teaspoons kosher salt ( I thought that this was too much salt to I added 1 tspn)
1 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 (1-pound) bag frozen edamame, in the pod


Heat the salt, chili powder, and pepper flakes in a small dry skillet over medium heat, stirring until hot and aromatic, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and crumble in the oregano.

Boil the edamame pods in salted water until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain in a colander and pat dry. Toss the edamame pods with the chili-salt and serve warm.

No comments: