Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Restaurant Finds : Travel Channel's best pig out place is the Original Lambert's Cafe, MO

Lambert's Cafe on Urbanspoon

Travel Channel's best pig out place is the Original Lambert's Cafe, MO known for the thrown rolls (south of St. Louis) . However we are closer to another location at at 1800 W State Highway Ozark, MO 65721-7435, US (seee red STAR). We were recenlty at the one near Springfield and it is everything said and more!

My wife said she was there with her girlfriend once.
http://throwedrolls.com/
Menu"pass arounds" (country food sides) at no charge to those ordering from the menu. These "extras" are brought to you by servers carrying pots or other containers of fried okra, fried potatoes, macaroni and tomatoes, black eyed peas, and sorghum and honey. The"Pass Arounds" are now offered as an entree themselves due to popular demand. And they are also excellent with lot's of flavor like the stewed tomatoes.

http://throwedrolls.com/our_menu.html


Chicken Fried Round Steak, liver, chicken and more entrees. I loved the chicken fried steak (the big one). Not only did I eat the whole thing I did so with gusto as it great flavor, beefy goodness and more.
Really - the old-fashioned round steak! Large portion of chicken fried round steak and mashed potatoes covered with milk gravy and served with your choice of 2 vegetables and Lambert's goodies!!!

The best All you can eat for us is close by Jumpin Catfish in Olathe, KS (on 151 St. off of I-35; also MO) with superb hushpuppies, great coleslaw and country beans with either all you can eat fried chicken ($10 and up) or many other entrees to choose from. I just tried their Elk steak and it was great! They have a 2 lobsters for $21 (wow).

Another is Cinzetti's in Overland Park, KS (and basically I don't know why anyone goes to any other place but at this place for Italian stuff and more). Here there is all you can eat salads, calamari (best breaded fried squid), pizza, chicken spedini, soup, all kinds of deserts, meatball and spaghetti, vegetarian or meat potato frittates and so much more. And the quality of everything is so EXCELLENT (Night $13 not bad for what you get).

The other all you eat one I like (my wife is not partial to it) is the Chinese restaurant on Sante Fe in Olathe with all you can eat everything Chinese (with little extra all your can crab legs ) for $8. The Thai 2000 (the best Thai soups!) in Overland Park was for me the best Thai for several years until it inexplicably closed down a couple years ago.

The best pig out place abroad for me was in 2001 in Cape Town, S.Africa at an all you can eat S.African Buffet with a host of unusual S. African foods, fish , curries, rices and much more.
That's all I can think of for now.
Anyone have their favorites? (contact me or post)

No comments: