Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy thanksgiving My worst ever recipe made

Happy thanksgiving ! With all going on today I always remember the worst recipe I made.
It was a number of years ago and I don't think during Thanksgiving.
I wanted to make this recipe from Bon Appetite magazine called "Hungarian Popovers."
It took 2 doughs (warm and cold ) and literally took two days. I brushed with butter and baked them. Just beautiful they came out.
They were done. I bit into one. It was so salty I could not eat another bite. All I could do was throw these beautiful things away. What went wrong?
I searched and found instead of baking soda I used baking powder (or vica versa). Never forget it ! Maybe someday I will make them right. ( it was not the recipe it was my directions I did not do right ). I should have taken a photo :(

No comments: