Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Sunday, October 21, 2007

Cafe on the Route a dive in Kansas:NOT!


I hate boring food.
When I go out to eat I want to "remember the experience and not that I just ate something I do all the time."
While watching the Food Networks Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, I noticed that this cafe was in Kansas. Historical Landmark and more.
The chef likes to try new things and keeps his customers happy with food the locals like. Sounds like they have quite a following, had great prices and a great menu. Not just the "same old stuff either ." It is nice to see some "MOM and POP" places doing some innovative food that makes the regular stuff more special. I hope to visit and eat there in the future.
I need to try this place when I am close by while I am stormchasing and near the KS/OK border. The place Baxter Springs is on the STAR.
If you try it let me know.

Cafe on the Route
1101 Military Ave.
Baxter Springs`, KS 66713
Tel: (620) 856-5646
from me Olathe, KS
Total Est. Time: 2 hours, 34 minutes Total Est. Distance: 139.31 miles
Website: www.cafeontheroute.com
A WIDE VARIETY OF CUISINE, INCLUDING THE 14OZ COWBOY STEAK SERVED WITH TOBACCO ONIONS, AZTEC CHICKEN, FLAPJACK RIBEYE, TURKEY MARCEL, AND THE WALNUT AND ALMOND BREADED CATFISH, ARE A FEW OF OUR PATRONS FAVORITES
http://cafeontheroute.com/_wsn/page2.html

No comments: