Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Fettuccine with Basil-Walnut Pesto Recipe

simple but takes it to the next level beyond the regular
Fettuccine with Basil-Walnut Pesto Recipe

HEALTHY RECIPES

This recipe serves: 6
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes

Ingredients
2 tablespoons walnuts, toasted
2 large garlic cloves
4 cups fresh basil leaves
4 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon lemon juice
3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
1 pound fettuccine

Cooking Instructions
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
2. Drop the walnuts and garlic through the food chute of a food processor while it is running.
3. Add the basil, cheese and lemon juice and process until the mixture is finely minced.
4. With the motor running, slowly pour the oil through food chute and process until well blended.
5. Transfer the basil mixture to a large pasta bowl and stir in ricotta cheese.
6. Add the fettuccine and cook until it is al dente, about 8 to 10 minutes. Drain.
7. Toss the hot fettuccine with the basil and ricotta mixture and serve immediately.


Nutrition Facts

Serving size: 1 bowl

Calories 435

Total Fat 15 g

Saturated Fat 4 g

Protein 18 g

Total Carbohydrate 59 g

Dietary Fiber 4 g

Sodium 134 mg

Percent Calories from Fat 30%

Percent Calories from Protein 16%

Percent Calories from Carbohydrate 54%

No comments: