Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

World's Greatest Chef Ferran Adrià and the Food of El Bull

World's Greatest Chef Ferran Adrià and the Food of El Bulli
http://gourmetfood.about.com/od/chefbiographi2/ig/The-Food-of-El-Bulli/index.htm?once=true&
From Brett Moore
menu and more too
Ferran Adrià is considered by many to be the greatest chef in the world and his restaurant, El Bulli, to be the greatest restaurant in the world. Located in Roses, Spain, El Bulli is a holy mecca for food lovers. The 35-course taster's menu is a grand experience of tastes, textures, and wonder. An architect of molecular gastronomy, Adrià's creations are designed to surprise and enchant his guests
If you go, plan on making restaurants months in advance. El Bulli serves only dinner, has less than 50 seats, and only makes one sitting.
They are also closed from October to March. Of the approximately 2,000 bookings every year, they receive over 400,000 applications. Expect to pay about $150 per person, not including wine.
To make reservations: El Bulli begins taking reservations for the following year in mid-October which are usually filled the first day.
E-mail: bulli@elbulli.com or
Fax: (34) 972 150 717. No phone calls.

No comments: