Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Masaharu Morimoto vsTom Douglason today "Iron Chef America."

I have been to Seattle with my wife (2003) and we hit several award winning places (Wild Ginger etc ). I did not know about Chef Tom Douglas at that time. So I never got to one of his restaurants.I am a big iron chef fan etc. I watched with anticipation of this battle when I heard of the rematch. I thought he might have a little edge because of the salmon though. I am usually right on with my vote or within 1-2 on the side I vote for , I knew it was going to be tough but thought because of the comments and the different types of salmon made by Masaharu Morimoto on "Iron Chef America."that he would win by 3. Instead Douglas won by 3 so I was right on but on the other site.
I must note that usually when there is a battle whether the old iron chef show or this American one, the loser of the first battle wins in the 2nd. Yes this was a different Iron Chef . Still I thought it was a well fought battle. I hope to try Douglas restaurant when we go there again sometime. Great battle but I was surprised.

No comments: