Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Monday, May 21, 2007

Banana-Kiwi Salad

Very different combination. The cayenne, lemon juice and honey add a little kick . I used as a side. I put in salted almonds and did not addd red pepper to make it more like a mini dessert.


Banana-Kiwi Salad

Ingredients

* 2 tablespoons lime juice
* 1 tablespoon canola oil
* 1 tablespoon minced shallot
* 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
* 1 teaspoon honey
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 4 Pinch of cayenne pepper
* 2 each kiwis
* 1/2 each firm ripe bananas
* 2 cup diced red bell pepper
* 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh mint
* 1 tablespoons chopped cashews

Cooking Instructions

Whisk lime juice, oil, shallot, vinegar, honey, salt and cayenne in a medium bowl. Add kiwis, bananas, bell pepper and mint; toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with cashews.

No comments: