Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Battle Pheasant on Iron Chef America

I’ve never eaten pheasant. However I learned about this bird and its preparations b watching the two chefs battled to show off the various ways pheasant could be prepared. It was quite an eye full seeing Battle Pheasant through Morrimoto vs Virant battle. Virant has his place in Chicago which is named Vie.

Vie on Urbanspoon

He is quite an accomplished chef
http://www.vierestaurant.com/chef.html

and focused on American cuisine with his menu
http://www.vierestaurant.com/menu.html

Morimito had dishes that included pheasant tenderloin, pheasant dumplings with tomato cream with wasabi, pheasant rice balls and soup and pheasant lettuce wraps.

Virant countered with smoked pheasant with blackberry; pheasant gnocchi; pheasant scotch eggs; pheasant roasted livers; pheasant consome and gremolata.

I thought the battle would be close. I picked Morimoto by +2. He won by +1 so I was within my range and on the winning side.

taste : Virant had 26 to 25 points
plating : Morrimoto had 13 to 11
originality: tied 13 to 13

No comments: