Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Next Food Network Star: Melissa d’Arabian wins The Next Food Network Star

The Food Network judges did not flub it this time. I think there was a bias against Debbie and also that there was no way that the judges were going to let two women in the finals. Debbie was too one dimensional while the other two were more multifaceted.
Jeffrey really did not do well in the semis when judges said that his food was an "affront to Italian cooking". That was not good. The FN judges seemed to gloss over that as well as that Jeffrey only spend $350 when he had $1000 to spend.

Meanwhile Bob Tuschman had the audacity to say that Melissa's talk to the judges was too flowery evenwhile it brought tears to the crowd. Jeffrey, always said, over and over again, that he would not let us down and would have inspired meals. But he did let us down when he created unispired food from the many great chefs. In comparison Melissa create two pastry dishes that rivaled ( the judges said) any pastry by other chefs and the rest of the food was amazing. Now that was awesome.

In the end, possibly the three judges saw the same differences that I saw. Both their shows were good but this extra information before the finale possibly tipped the tide to Melissa. I am glad it is Melissa.
I look forward to seeing her shows
Tune in next Sunday at 12:30pm/11:30c for Melissa’s show, Ten Dollar Dinners with Melissa d’Arabian.

No comments: