Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Thursday, July 2, 2009

My take on things : Food Network- Adam Gertler is next joke for the Food Network Star

Guy Fieri is the real deal. This current crop of The Next Food Network stars are a real good crop . There are many that I think may win or have a shot. A couple years ago, that was not the case. The ultimate winner was actually bumped in the semis by a guy who claimed to be a war veteran, wasn't a great chef or cook and has just made it through all the rounds. Last year was a strange one indeed . Aaron McCargo won but did not seem until the last finale, whether he was going to get it down. And he is quite good. But somehow in that current crop, this joke of a guy ( and I don't mean it kindly), Aaron Gertler, made it near to the semi even though he could not cook, made terrible dishes and his performances were far from stellar. Now Food Network has put this joker on his own show and in some other places. I guess he "would work for food" and Food Network has doled out a new show for which is not deserving. Now the fan favorite, (from last year), Kelsey, the judges did not like her. But now she has her own series of shows. At least she can cook and is perky. Adam is just a complete joke. I wonder what comes next for FN.

No comments: