Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Sunday, March 22, 2009

On the road again: some grub from Watertown's Sevan Bakery


Sevan's Bakery on Urbanspoon
http://www.sevanboston.com/
Sometimes I discover gastronomic finds through my relatives. Sometimes they bring me interesting foods to try. While I was in Providence, RI to visit, my sister came by and brought a condiment spread from this bakery. The very greasy but delectable nut red pepper spread went well on crackers, pita and more. That is all about I knew of the bakery until I looked into their website. Armenian and other European and Asian fare, I could not figure out whether they have a small restaurant area inside or just cater or do takeout. In any case, someday I will make it to this tasty bakery now that I know more about via my sister and this spread. Someday I will make it to this place to see it in person. Meanwhile my sister and brother in law told me about several places in New York City that we had to try. We ate at the famous Sarabeth’s and noshed on the groceries we got and more at the amazing Zabar’s (see my NYC review coming up). In the meantime, I will scourer more bakeries in the Kansas City area too because they are part of the food scene too.

1 comment:

Pam said...

The best part about Watertown (and nearby Cambridge) is that there are 4 Armenian bakeries within a mile. If you do end up in the area, stop by a number of them to see which you like best (my favorite is Eastern Lahmajun).