Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Frontera Mexican : level above regular mexican fare

Fronteras Mexican on UrbanspoonI'm always looking for interesting food. Sometimes my wife "beats me to the punch" and discovers a restaurant with her friends before I do. My wife and her group ate here. There are more and more Mexican restaurants building and many are little (local) franchises. This is one little chain that is expanding. My wife brought back part of the dinner to eat later and let me sample it. The spinach chicken enchilada had a nice creamy and cheesy sauce with it. Leafy spinach taste integrates well with the cheese. I liked that the side dish black beans weren't the usual bland tasting side dish. The black beans had a decidedly distinctive tangy onion flavor that I liked. The big black beans still have their shape. These are mixed with onions to give them the more unique taste. The fluffy rice was good too. This place has extra taste with the enchiladas and the distinctive black beans. The flavors that take a dish to the next level is what I look for so this place passes the test. We will try this place together and try the salsa. There is another one opening in Olathe so we shall see and I will let you know.

No comments: