Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Culinary Explorations: C u c u m b e r C u r r y

I ate some interesting curries recently in Providence, RI (see earlier post ) like Egg Curry. While exploring on the internet I found this unusual recipe. I need to try it. Until then I thought I would post it for your interest.
C u c u m b e r C u r r y R e c i p e
http://www.asianonlinerecipe.com/recipes/cucumber-curry.php
C u c u m b e r C u r r y R e c i p e S e r v e d h o t , t h i s u n u s u a l c u r r y i s g o o d w i t h f i s h d i s h e s a n d c a n a l s o b e s e r v e d c o l d w i t h c o o k e d m e a t s . T h e m u s t a r d s e e d s u s e d e x t e n s i v e l y i n I n d i a n c o o k i n g a r e b l a c k a n d n o t y e l l o w ( w h i c h a r e g r o u n d a n d u s e d t o p r e p a r e E n g l i s h m u s t a r d ) . T h e y a r e a l w a y s f r i e d t o r e l e a s e t h e i r s w e e t a r o m a a n d f l a v o r .

I n g r e d i e n t s : ( S e r v e s 4 - 6 )

1 2 0 m l / 4 f l o z / Ω c u p w a t e r

1 1 5 g / 4 o z c r e a m e d c o c o n u t

2 . 5 m l t e a s p o o n t u r m e r i c

5 m l / 1 t e a s p o o n s u g a r

1 l a r g e c u c u m b e r , c u t i n t o s m a l l p i e c e s

1 l a r g e r e d b e l l p e p p e r , c u t i n t o s m a l l p i e c e s

5 0 g / 2 o z / Ω c u p s a l t e d p e a n u t s , c r u s h e d

6 0 m l / 4 t a b l e s p o o n s v e g e t a b l e o i l

2 d r i e d r e d c h i l i e s

5 m l / 1 t e a s p o o n c u m i n s e e d s

5 m l / 1 t e a s p o o n m u s t a r d s e e d s

4 - 6 c u r r y l e a v e s

4 g a r l i c c l o v e s , c r u s h e d

S a l t t o t a s t e

A f e w w h o l e s a l t e d p e a n u t s , t o g a r n i s h



M e t h o d :

B r i n g t h e w a t e r t o t h e b o i l i n a h e a v y p a n a n d a d d t h e c r e a m e d c o c o n u t , t u r m e r i c , s u g a r a n d s a l t . S i m m e r u n t i l t h e c o c o n u t d i s s o l v e s a n d t h e m i x t u r e b e c o m e s a s m o o t h , t h i c k s a u c e . A d d t h e c u c u m b e r , r e d p e p p e r a n d c r u s h e d p e a n u t s a n d s i m m e r f o r a b o u t 5 m i n u t e s . T r a n s f e r t o a h e a t p r o o f s e r v i n g d i s h a n d k e e p h o t .



H e a t t h e o i l i n a k a r a h i , w o k o r f r y i n g p a n . F r y t h e c h i l i e s a n d c u m i n w i t h t h e m u s t a r d s e e d s u n t i l t h e y s t a r t t o p o p . R e d u c e t h e h e a t , a d d t h e c u r r y l e a v e s a n d g a r l i c a n d f r y f o r 2 m i n u t e s . P o u r o v e r t h e c u c u m b e r m i x t u r e a n d s t i r w e l l . G a r n i s h w i t h w h o l e p e a n u t s a n d s e r v e h o t .

No comments: