Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Arby's recipes: the anti burger sandwhich and more

Arby's on UrbanspoonKnown for its roast beef, like many others I have been to Arby's for a little bite. But for some reason, I can't quite get it out of my mind that the roast beef should not be pink but but have a "light shade of brown" like regular roast beef. Am I wrong?

Once in a while I like to pop into Arby's location for their fabulous Jamoca shakes, especially when there is a coupon. They are very creamy, chocolaty and almost as good as Wendy's. (They are not quite as creamy thick and have a little different consistency). I wish they had a $1 menu. Well they sort of do but you can pick from a wide array 5 for $5. But when I just interested in one this what I get for $1. I have eaten the salads once and they are not bad.

The curly fries are "to die for" and have just right crispness. I also love the sauces like horsey sauce (horseradish sauce) which is not too hot but gives a sandwich a mild extra zing of heat. But the 3 pepper sauce is to die for an is very, very addictive for me. This three pepper sauce which is absolutely awesome and is a good blend of different peppers, heat, flavor and goes well along on a sandwich , with fries etc (I wish they would bottle it as I would buy it!). That reminds me maybe I can find a recipe for it. But before that, I found an interesting article on horseradish and more at ( under culinary uses)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horseradish


The recipe

Arby's Horsey Sauce

By: Cookinn'Lovinit
Nov 17, 2007
From Top Secret Recipes
SERVES 4 -6 , 1 cup (change servings and units)
Ingredients
1 tablespoon white vinegar
4 teaspoons granulated sugar or sugar substitute
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 cup mayonnaise
2 1/2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
Directions
1In a small bowl, mix the sugar and salt in vinegar until dissolved.
2Add mayonnaine, horseradish and vinegar mix into a blender. Set on medium until pureed. (About 10 seconds).
3Chill in covered container until smooth and creamy (about 2 to 3 hours).

The BBQ sauce recipe is

Arbys Barbecue Sauce Recipe
Mrtnzangel8 / All my dishes
11 months, 2 weeks ago
Arby's sauce is one of my favs on their roast beef sandwiches or whatever..I've been known to put it on a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit... I got this recipe in an e-mail earlier. I am trying it right now.....

Ingredients
1 cup ketchup
2 teaspoons water
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon Tabasco pepper sauce

Directions
Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce begins to boil, 5 to 10 minutes.
Remove the sauce from the heat. Cover and allow to cool.
Pour into a covered container for storage in your refrigerator.
Keeps for a month or two.
Makes 1 cup.

No comments: