Next time I am near Pheonix,AZ, I need to try this funky Chinese, Asian , Fusion restaurant called Chino Bandido which has gotten raver reviews by many. I've been to some interesting fusion restaurants like the Carlos Okelly chain in Lawrence, KS that my advisor took me to after I got my doctorate (the food is very so-so and not all that great).Another one that I went to in Estes Park, CO many years ago was a another fusion but the steaks were outstanding so much so I got that entree two nights in a row!
Wonder how Chinese, Mexican, and Jamaican get together on a menu then try here. The comments here say it all.
The menu is varied and unsual and seems to suit many customers from mild to spicy too.
I would have a hard time choosing
sample menu entrees
1. CARNITAS: Mild, slow-cooked shredded pork sautéed with onion, tomato and cilantro
2. CHILE RELLENO: Fresh Anaheim Chile stuffed with two kinds of cheese, crispy breaded exterior
3. CHINESE BAR-B-Q PORK: Sliced, sweet roast pork
4. EGG FOO YUNG: Fresh egg ommelet with bean sprouts, white and green onions, green peas and bar-b-q pork. (Vegetarian also available) Served with creamy mushroom-chicken gravy.
5. GRINGO CHICKEN: Grilled chicken breast with chopped tomatoes, green onions in a butter-garlic sauce
6. HENGRENADE CHICKEN: Grilled, skinless chicken with smoky, spicy flavor, milder than Jerk Chicken.
7. JADE RED CHICKEN: Lightly coated, deep-fried chicken glazed with slightly spicy sweet sauce. Different and habit-forming.
8. JENRED PORK: Lightly coated, deep-fried pork glazed with slightly spicy sweet sauce
9. JERK CHICKEN: Grilled, skinless chicken that has been marinated with seasonings and some of the hottest peppers in the world. Spicy peppers, but with no after-effects!
10. EMERALD CHICKEN: Tender grilled, skinless chicken breast served with fresh ginger/green onion sauce. For the tenderfoot or the old master.
11. TERIYAKI CHICKEN: Grilled, skinless chicken breast basted with our own teriyaki sauce.
12. VEGGIES: Fresh lettuce, tomatoes, onions, broccoli, with minced serrano peppers and grated cheese on top
13. POLLO DIABLO: Lightly coated, deep-fried chicken with garlic, onions, and red hot peppers. NOT for the tenderfoot. If you’re from Iowa, you probably can’t handle it!
14. MACHACA: Shredded beef with garlic, onion, tomato and cilantro.
CUBAN BLACK BEANS: Spicy refried-style black beans made with olive oil.
REFRIED BEANS: Mild refried-style pinto beans made with vegetable shortening.
PLAIN FRIED RICE: Chinese-style fried rice with green onions and seasonings.
PORK FRIED RICE: Chinese-style fried rice with chopped bar-b-q pork, green onions and seasonings.
CHICKEN FRIED RICE: Chinese-style fried rice with chopped chicken breast, green onions and seasonings.
JERK FRIED RICE: Chinese-style fried rice with chopped jerk chicken and green onions.
SNICKERDOODLE: Fresh-baked daily cinnamon-sugar cookie served with each meal. Also sold by the dozen(s)!
VOLCANO: Chocolate-Fudge version of SNICKERDOODLE, sold every other weekend (Saturdays and Sundays).
RICE BOWL: Any single item 1-14 above with steamed rice is $5.95; with fried rice, add $.75.
QUESADILLAS: Any single item 1-14 above in a folded cheese crisp is $4.50.
BURRITO: Any single item 1-14 above rolled in a fresh tortilla is $3.50.
COMBO: Any two items on menu(including quesadillas and burritos) with steamed rice is $7.25; with fried rice add $.75.