Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Book review: Jewish Cooking around the world

This book " Jewish Cooking around the World : gourmet and holiday recipes" was one of the first cookbooks I got to use and start cooking so many years ago. Since my family usually only had fish, Italian and mostly jewish meals (I am from New England) there were many things I never tried. I think the first one I tried was a Persian chopped lamb dish (very good) . I was hooked to try more. Choosing from the holiday or country recipes I tried a few more.I just tried the chopped chicken livers but it was a little bland so I took it to another level. Greece, North Africa and other countries are represented and they are good to getting started with.Each chapter also has some jewish oriented fact and information that relates to the holiday or the country. Good solid jewish recipes here. Looking for out of the way different from the ordinary well this might not be the one for you. But it is a good start like it was for me to get to know cuisines and jewish food from other countries.

No comments: