Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

coca cola recipes

On the travel channel, there were many recipes made with coca cola: ham, dessert, chicken and many many more . So I went looking for some of the recipes.
Here are some good ones. check them out.
Here is an easy one with coca cola and gingerwings
2 slices of ginger
12 chicken wings, just the middle section
2 tsp cooking oil
1/2 cup dark soy sauce
1 12-ounce can of Coca-Cola®

Heat a small-medium sized pot, add the oil and ginger.
When the oil is hot, brown the wings on both sides. Do this in batches if necessary.
When all the wings are browned, take out the ginger, and add the soy sauce and
Coke into the pot. Bring to a boil, then turn to medium/low-medium heat and
simmer for about 30 minutes or until meat falls of the bone easily. Taste the sauce to
see if it is needs more soy sauce. If not, turn heat back on high for a few minutes to let
the sauce thicken. Make sure the wings are covered with the Coke/soy sauce
mixture. Add more sauce according to taste. Serve.

-- Submitted by Una Yu of New York, NY


Recipe: Ginger Chicken Wings

No comments: